by Pastor Abraham Bosch
Am I even seeking a relationship?
Am I just relying on the fact that my sins are forgiven or I’m a good person?
1Jo 1:7 but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.
Bride of Christ
- We are the bride of Christ
- Remember the stories of Jesus of wedding feasts(Matt 22), the marrage supper of the Lamb.
- Holy Spirit to court us
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her,
Eph 5:26 so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,
Eph 5:27 that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless.
Eph 5:28 So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself;
Eph 5:29 for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ also does the church,
Eph 5:30 because we are members of His body.
Eph 5:31 FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND SHALL BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH.
Eph 5:32 This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church.
Eph 5:33 Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband.
1Co 6:17 But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
Rev 19:7 “Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready.”
Rev 19:8 It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
Rev 19:9 Then he *said to me, “Write, ‘Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.’” And he *said to me, “These are true words of God.”
Heart After God
- Am I spending time with God?
- Am I continuing to learn who he is?
- Am I panting for God or for a comfortable day?
Psa 42:1 As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for You, O God.
Psa 42:2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God; When shall I come and appear before God?
Pro 8:34 “Blessed is the man who listens to me, Watching daily at my gates, Waiting at my doorposts.
Pro 8:35 “For he who finds me finds life And obtains favor from the LORD.
- Do I have this attitude? Am I watching at his gates, waiting for him to speak to me, waiting for him to reviel himself to me?
1Sa 16:7 But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”
- Am I sold out for the Lord?
- Do I care more about what my friends think thank what God thinks?
- Is Jesus my First Love? Have I left my first Love?
Rev 2:4 ‘But I have this against you, that you have left your first love.
Rev 2:5 ‘Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place–unless you repent.
What is your favorite activity when you get off work?
- I can’t wait until I get home so I can watch TV?
- I can’t wait until I get home so I can fellowship/pray/read/praise.
What is on your mind when you wake up, all day long, when you go
- What consumes you as a person?
- What is your chief passion in life?
- The question should not be “what” consumes us, or “what” is our chief passion, but “who” consumes you, and “who” is your chief passion.
Deu 6:4 “Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!
Deu 6:5 “You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
Deu 6:6 “These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart.
Deu 6:7 “You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.
Deu 6:8 “You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead.
Deu 6:9 “You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
- God and his words should consume you. His words and the relationship with him should be your chief passion in life.
Its a love relationship!!!
When you’re in love with someone:
- You can’t get them off of your mind.
- They are with you, in your thoughts everywhere you go.
- They give you immense pleasure from thinking of them.
- Its comforting to hear their voice.
- You take great interest in the words of love they say to you … you recite it in your mind and keep it in memory… you’ll never forget them.
- You long to spend time with them.
- You will go through all sorts of trouble and hardships to be with them.
Is Jesus Lord of your whole life? Heart, Mind, Soul, Strength
Mar 12:30 AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.’
Isaiah 26:9“With my soul I have desired You in the night, yes, by my spirit within me I will seek You early; for when Your judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.”
- Attitudes – way of looking at things
- Desires and Dreams – to long, hope, or wish for.
- Mind – feels, perceives, thinks, wills, and especially reasons
- Soul – moral and emotional nature
What is in your heart? What do you think about?
Mat 15:18 “But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man.
Mat 15:19 “For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders.
Mat 15:20 “These are the things which defile the man; but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile the man.”
We have to watch what we think about.
Rom 13:14(NIV) Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.
Rom 13:14(NASB)But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh in regard to its lusts.
—> Red Brick Example.
Am I putting others before God by my actions?
Who do I love more than God?
Do I love God in words but not in action?
Put your money where your mouth is!
Let us love with action and truth!!
Tit 1:16 They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed.
1Jo 3:18 Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth.
Mat 10:37 “He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
Mat 10:38 “And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.
Mat 10:39 “He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.
We may have to leave family, property, etc … but the Reward is great!!
Mat 19:29 “And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or farms for My name’s sake, will receive many times as much, and will inherit eternal life.
Army of 10 thousand coming against army of 20 thousand
Am I surrendering all?
Luk 14:31 “Or what king, when he sets out to meet another king in battle, will not first sit down and consider whether he is strong enough with ten thousand men to encounter the one coming against him with twenty thousand?
Luk 14:32 “Or else, while the other is still far away, he sends a delegation and asks for terms of peace.
Luk 14:33 “So then, none of you can be My disciple who does not give up all his own possessions.
Is Jesus my master, my future husband, my Lord?
1Co 6:17 But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
What satisfies you?
- What gives you fulfilment in life.
Joh 4:34 Jesus *said to them, “My meat is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work.
1Jo 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.
- People seek fulfilment from things, from relationships with people, from drugs, from activities, etc. We need to find fulfilment in Jesus.
Intimacy with God
- When you skip time with God, you rob God of that intimate time.
- Did you ever think that God wants to spend time with you?
- We have to think in terms of relationship, not just ‘are we cool?’
- We can be complete strangers or mere acquaintances and be cool.
- Are you one of God’s intimates?
- Are you a man after God’s own heart?
- Is God’s pleasure your chief ambition in life?
- Are you trying to honor God and glorify him in all you do?
Do I have a Love Affair with Jesus?
- Am I just doing things for God?
- Are you a Martha, busy doing things for Jesus but not taking time to sit at his feet?
Luk 10:38 Now as they were traveling along, He entered a village; and a woman named Martha welcomed Him into her home.
Luk 10:39 She had a sister called Mary, who was seated at the Lord’s feet, listening to His word.
Luk 10:40 But Martha was distracted with all her preparations; and she came up to Him and said, “Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to do all the serving alone? Then tell her to help me.”
Luk 10:41 But the Lord answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things;
Luk 10:42 but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her.”
Don’t miss the whole point of Life: Knowing God
Gen 15:1 After310 these428 things1697 the word1697 of the LORD3068 came1961 unto413 Abram87 in a vision,4236 saying,559 Fear3372 not,408 Abram:87 I595 am thy shield,4043 and thy exceeding3966 great7235 reward.7939
Joh 17:3 “This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.